Oops! These fireworks have already exploded.
Check out our 2012 4th of July post
STATION CASINOS TO HOST LARGEST 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS SHOW IN SOUTHERN NEVADA WITH FIVE-PROPERTY FIREWORKS SHOW
LAS VEGAS — Continuing its 4th of July tradition, five Station Casinos’ properties will host the largest 4th of July fireworks show in Southern Nevada on Sunday, July 4 around 9pm for the entire community to enjoy.
The nine-minute fireworks show, named “Station Casinos’ 4th of July Blast” will be in celebration of the nation’s 234th birthday and will be featured at Aliante Station, Green Valley Ranch Resort, Fiesta Rancho and Texas Station as a shared location and Red Rock Resort.
The fireworks show will be produced by Fireworks by the Gruccis of New York, one of the premiere fireworks companies in the world who annually produces the 4th of July fireworks events as well past hotel-casino openings on behalf of Station Casinos.
For guests interested in staying at one of the participating hotel-casinos, Station Casinos now offers a new and exclusive hotel discount program, available only online at www.stationcasinos.com that offers room rate discounts for advance, pre-paid reservations. Click on “Book Online Now” at the top of the home page to access the exclusive online special to learn more about the program.
FIREWORKS FUN FACTS
- It takes four days and approximately 700 man hours to set up the fireworks at all five locations
- The state-of-the-art fireworks program is electronically fired from a computer-generated script featuring choreography between the music and fireworks
- The Grucci family brought 17 pyrotechincians out to set up and launch the five shows
- It took nearly 100 hours to choreograph the five shows
- 71 firing batteries will be used
- There will be 346 firing cues
- It takes nine miles of wire to circuit the firing batteries
- The lumber necessary for the set up is equivalent to what is used to side an average family house
- The five primary colors of the fireworks rainbow that people will see are red, white, blue, green and yellow (blended together they will make additional colors in the sky as well)
- Designer shells are from Australia, Canada, China, France, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, Spain and of course the United States
- The Grucci’s of New York are one of the premiere fireworks companies in the world. Over the years they have produced some of the most extravagant fireworks shows including seven consecutive U.S. presidential inaugurations and several Olympic Games.
RECOMMENDED PUBLIC VIEWING AREAS
While there truly will be no bad seat in the house, each property has carved out a public viewing area for their guests:
- Aliante Station – Hotel valet/parking lot area
- Fiesta Rancho – Parking garage rooftop
- Green Valley Ranch – Backyard pool area
- Red Rock Resort – Pool area and amphitheatre
- Texas Station – Parking Lot C off Rancho entrance
ABOUT THE MUSIC
The musical score to “Station Casinos’ 4th of July Blast” will be simulcast live on two Beasley Broadcast Group radio stations including 96.3 KKLZ Classic Hits and 102.7 KCYE The Coyote as well as Riviera Broadcast Group radio stations KOAS 105.7 FM The Oasis and KVGS 107.9 FM The Alternative.
Fireworks Music in Order (Artist)
Born in the U.S.A/Small Town (Bruce Springsteen/John Mellencamp)
Pink Houses (John Mellencamp)
Courtesy of the Red White & Blue (Toby Keith)
Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder)
Tonight’s Gonna Be a Good Night (Black Eyed Peas)
Don’t Stop Believin (Journey)
Livin in America (James Brown)
Let it Roll (Little Feat)
Luck Be a Lady (Frank Sinatra)
Viva Las Vegas (Jim Belushi)
My City of Ruins (Bruce Springsteen)
Glory (James Horner)
God Bless the U.S.A. (Lee Greenwood)
What do you have planned for the 4th? Where are you watching fireworks? Let us know below?