IT MAY HAVE taken a while to rear its ugly head, but the Summer Heat is here. And when the Big Heat hits, I eat lighter, and I drink whiter. That said, here are my top ten wines for a Las Vegas Summer.
1. Sauvignon Blanc — from Marlborough, New Zealand or Sancerre, in France
2. Champagne & Californian Sparkling Wine — makes even the hottest day nice
3. Riesling — from Germany, especially the zippy Kabinett style
4. Albarino — a dry Spanish white
5. Chardonnay — but never those super buttery, oaky things!
6. Gewurztraminer — spicy and zippy
7. Vouvray — lightly sweet & goes down so easy
8. Pinot Noir — THE red for grilled salmon & roasted chicken
9. Zinfandel — RED Zin, for BBQ ribs, chicken, burgers & pizza
10. Cabernet Sauvignon — when it’s gotta be a grilled steak
So those are what I’ll be sipping this Summer.
What will you be cracking open to beat the heat?
Sr. Ad Writer, Station Casinos