Hot Deal For Locals: Tomorrow (September 27th) receive 2 spa services for the price of 1! Services must be 50 minutes or longer – Please call 797.7878 to book your appointment. The Spa at Red Rock:
Relax while enjoying the lovely poolside view from the Salon at GVR!
After I saw in the RJ (ed: Las Vegas Review-Journal) that the GVR Spa was voted #1 Locals Spa again, I decided to treat myself to their Strawberry Pina Colada Pedicure.
This pedicure begins with a coconut bath fizz. Detailed shaping and grooming of the feet with a coconut exfoliation followed. Then, a hydrating strawberry mask and a very relaxing foot massage with coconut body butter left my feet feeling first relaxed and then revitalized.
I also highly recommend getting a classic facial while you are at the GVR Spa – I have had that, and ladies, I give both services 4 stars. Thank you! I will be back for a massage soon!
(This guest blog entry was submitted from GVR guest, and Henderson local, Alisha K)
THE DAYS ARE shrinking, the leaves are turning and the holiday season is beginning its chaotic approach. With full days of work, family, school, kids and everything else we try to fit into our schedule, who has time for skin care? Fortunately, we are masters at multi-tasking, and skin care is no different. Fall and winter can be unforgiving on our complexion, but with a few essential steps, your skin will survive the season with time left over to roast some chestnuts over the fire.
Marsha, Marsha, Marsha (Exfoliants: the forgotten middle child of skin care)
I hear it all day long:
- Cleansing? Check!
- Hydrating? Check!
- Exfoliating? … Silence.
Here’s the skinny on the elusive science of cell turnover:
The superficial layer of skin called the epidermis is essentially … dead. Without proper shedding of the skin, our moisturizers and anti-aging products cannot work effectively. In addition, the skin becomes congested with oil and dead skin cells resulting in blackheads, whiteheads, blemishes and lackluster skin.
Links your skin will love
The brighter side
Exfoliants are extremely effective agents of radiance that are derived from natural ingredients. It is easier than ever to incorporate these polishing pals into your routine. The shady season is the perfect time to try professional treatments to obtain a glow that will make you sparkle in time for the holiday party.
Glycolic Peel: A 30% acid, derived from sugar, that packs a punch and will soften fine lines, reduce sun damage and stimulate collagen production. (Best done in a series of 4-6 sessions)
Mircodermabrasion: You are sure to sparkle from this crystal-based treatment. Best for dry, sun- damaged, and aging skin types. (Best done in a series of 6)
Radiance: Cinnamon and fruit acids coupled with firming agents leave the skin with a warm youthful glow.
Homecare in a hurry
- Epicurean Herbal Scrub (more at :43 of the video): An apricot-based scrub that removes buildup and leaves the skin brighter and smoother (normal/dry skin types).
- Hylunia Fruit Acid Exfoliant (more at 1:35 of the video): Packed with AHA acids in a gel formula that digests dead skin while you sleep (normal/sensitive/combination/oily).
- Epicurean Hydro Plus Moisturizer: This winter proof cream quenches the skin and leaves it soft and hydrated all day (dry skin types).
- Epicurean Lip Balm: With silky shea butter and healing tea tree oil, this lip balm gives the lips the protection that lasts without cakey, sticky residue.
Have questions or concerns about your skin? Let me know below!
YOU SCREAM, I scream, we all scream for sunscreen!
By now, we are all fully aware of the damaging effects of sun exposure, but what’s left over from the informative scare are some pretty confusing options for sun protection. With so many choices available, countered with contradictions like vitamin D deficiency, and possible carcinogen-producing sunblocks: What’s the right way to block the rays?
We’ve put together a simple checklist to make prevention a piece of cake.
- Don’t apply on the fly! Sunscreen takes 20-30 minutes to absorb and activate in order to provide maximum protection, so apply early and liberally.
- It’s not easy being greasy. The higher the SPF the heavier they feel, and while titanium dioxide is a thorough protection, it can be oily and irritating. For those with sensitive or oily skin types, zinc oxide is a lighter option with great protection. These days it’s not your mama’s zinc. Epicurean’s formula is clear with a clean scent and a light texture.
- Good chemistry. High does not equal better. A quick explanation of the elusive SPF numbers: let’s say you burn after 10 minutes without sunscreen. Multiply that number by the SPF number (let’s say 15) and bingo, there’s your total time with sun protection (in this case 150 minutes). Most of us aren’t heading out to Barbados on a regular basis, so an SPF between15-30 is plenty effective for traveling to work, etc. Also, with the added bonus of fewer chemicals, the lower numbers are a safer bet for building you very own ozone layer.
Visit the Red Rock Spa page or book your Spa appointment today at 702.797.7878.
Product spotlight: Hylunia Beyond Complex-C
Why it rocks: Potent and highly stable L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C) works to reverse prior sun damage while providing antioxidants to protect skin from future damage. The bioactive serum formula increases absorption. As with all of Hylunia’s products, Hylauronic acid, a key ingredient for hydration, is added making this serum a triple winner: providing moisture, collagen production and the anti-inflammatory properties for which Hylunia is known. Toss this little weapon into your beach bag and you’ll be radiant and protected even in the triple digits.
Facial recommendation: Breathe
Why it rocks: The summer months can leave the skin inflamed, dehydrated and lackluster. Our oxygen treatment blasts skin with 87 professional-grade vitamins, minerals and amino acids leaving the complexion luminous and hydrated. The Echo system treats skin at a cellular level, which is where the anti-aging magic happens. The result is immediate and lasting. Get drenched with the coolest way to escape the heat.
The Spa at Red Rock Resort
WHAT CAN WE say other than…Thank You Las Vegas!
19 awards selected by the readers of the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s annual Best of Vegas contest. Not too shabby!
Station Casinos Awards
- Best Players Club – Station Casinos Boarding Pass (12 years in a row) – Readers’ Pick
- Best Football Contest – Station Casinos Great Giveaway (17 years in a row) – Readers’ Pick
- Best Coffee/Cappuccino – Starbucks – Readers’ Pick
- Best Sub Sandwich – Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop (Red Rock, Santa Fe & Aliante) – Readers’ Pick
- Best Lounge Performer or Tribute Act – Sin City Sinners (Sunset & Santa Fe) – Readers’ Pick
- Best Buffet Las Vegas – Feast Buffet – Readers’ Pick
Palace Station Awards
- Best Shrimp Cocktail – Cabo Bar – Review-Journal’s Pick
Boulder Station Awards
- Best Pizza – Metro Pizza – Readers’ Pick
Green Valley Ranch Awards
- Best Spa (Shopping) – The Spa at GVR – Readers’ Pick
- Best Spa (Hotel) – The Spa at GVR – Readers’ Pick
- Best Locals Hotel – Green Valley Ranch – Review-Journal’s Pick
- Best Singer – Michael Grimm – Review-Journal’s Pick
- Best Lounge – Drop Bar – Readers’ Pick
Red Rock Awards
- Best Steakhouse – T-Bones Chophouse – Readers’ Pick
- Best Coffee Shop – Grand Cafe – Readers’ Pick
- Best Bowling Alley – Red Rock Lanes – Readers’ Pick & Review-Journal’s Pick
- Best Locals Hotel – Red Rock Resort – Readers’ Pick
- Best Cocktail Waitresses – Red Rock Resort – Readers’ Pick
- Best Italian Restaurant – Terra Rossa – Readers’ Pick
Fiesta Henderson Awards
Fiesta Rancho Awards
What do you think? Did they get it right? Let us know below!