CHEF DIRK JUST loves Thanksgiving.
- 2 ½ lbs sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbl canola oil (divided)
- 1 Tbl honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 Tbl butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with lightly salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain well and return to pan.
- Mash potatoes with hand mixer.
- Measure out 3 cups.
- Whisk eggs, 1Tbl oil and honey in a medium bowl.
- Add mashed sweet potato and mix well.
- Stir in milk, orange zest, vanilla and salt.
- Spread the mixture in a buttered 8×8 baking dish.
- To prepare the topping: Mix flour, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate, 1 Tbl oil and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Blend with fork until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
View more of Chef Dirk’s recipes
Get information on restaurants at Station Casinos
Have a great Thanksgiving recipe or a comment or question for our executive chef? Let me know below!