FIRST, THANK YOU to the men and women of the U.S. military. This blog post is really for you, and your families, as Memorial Day is this Monday.
The origins of Memorial Day go back to the American Civil War as an observance that commemorates those who died in military action. Like with many holidays here in the U.S., it seems, the meaning of Memorial Day often gets incorrectly skewed as “the beginning of summer,” “a long weekend” or “BBQ day.”
Memorial Day is a day to relax, and below are a few ways to have fun at Station Casinos this weekend. So enjoy the day with some sun, music and food, relax, but also remember. And again, Thank You.
Las Vegas Memorial Day Weekend Happenings at Station Casinos
- There are three outdoor concerts, George Clinton (Friday), Loverboy (Saturday) and OK Go & The Cab (Sunday), at the Sandbar at Red Rock Resort
- Grandma Lee’s final two comedy shows of a month-long stay at the Palace Station Showroom are Friday and Saturday
- Janie Fricke concert at Sunset Station’s Club Madrid
- Guitars & Saxes concert at Boulder Station’s Railhead featuring Gerald Albright, Jeff Golub, Kirk Whalum & Peter White
- UFC 114 Viewing Parties at five of our Las Vegas locations
- Special Texas Barbecue at the Feast Buffet for dinner at Texas Station
- Of course, bowling and the movies are always fun
- Summerlin Sundays poolside party at the Cabana Club at Red Rock Resort
- Sunday Splash party at the beautiful Aliante Station pool
- The Pond at Green Valley Ranch has Sun-Day’s (on Sunday) with DJ Mika Gold and Muck Fundays (on Monday) featuring beats by DJ Quira
More about our Las Vegas concerts