DON’T BE FOOLED by his name, Chef Dirk is plenty Irish around St. Patrick’s Day!
- 4 Lb beef chuck (cut into 1 ½-inch cubes)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 6oz cans tomato paste
- 2 ½ Lbs new potatoes (scrubbed)
- 2 medium onions (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 cans (14.9 oz each) reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14.9 oz) Irish stout beer
- 10 cloves garlic sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 boxes (10 oz each) frozen baby peas (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 5-quart Dutch Oven or heavy pot, toss beef with flour, stir in tomato paste.
- Add potatoes, onions, broth, beer, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer pot to oven, and cook covered, until meat is fork tender, 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Stir in peas, and season with salt and pepper.