MANY THINGS ARE new for the upcoming pro football season, while many remain the same.
- A certain brother quarterback combo is back: one leading the defending champs; the other at a whole new altitude.
- Typically, quite a few teams have a new quarterback and/or coach; one team isn’t even allowed to have their head coach near the field for the entire year.
- Wide receivers, young and old, will make headlines for ridiculous behavior, name changes and “not very well thought-out” tweets … actually, we very much enjoy all of this.
Here’s the NEW AND OLD for our Great Giveaway Las Vegas football contest in 2012-13
- We still have the big-time weekly car/truck/cash winners, crazy end-of-season prizes, including the two houses, and the solid “No Lose” guarantee – all documented on the poster to the right here that gets bigger if you click on it.
- We still have the website where you can check your record & winners/ losers each week: (coming soon) www.mygreatgiveaway.com
- You’ll still be seeing lots of shiny new Chevrolet Silverados & Camaros all around Vegas with weekly Great Giveaway winners cruising in them. When you see one, just respect their football picking skills and step aside. (Dealerships listed below).
- Great Giveaway entry fee is still $25 per/buy two get third free.
- We have a facebook page that gets pretty fun the whole season long at www.facebook.com/mygreatgiveaway
- We have a twitter account @SportsConnectLV, which is actually our online Sports Betting service but we do a lot of Great Giveaway stuff on there so please follow.
- $1 Dog, $1 Buds and $1 Bud Lights are back every Saturday, Sunday and Monday during the games.
- The carts are now also loaded with $3 Red Bulls and Sugar Free Red Bulls.
- GG is still the best football contest in Las Vegas.
- I’m going to write “GG” instead of Great Giveaway this year and hope it becomes a hashtag (#GG) that Lady Gaga tweets, but mostly just because I’m lazy.
The real reason, however, we will have this running blog (reverse-order, newest to latest) here all football year is to field any questions during the season about GG (already paying off), our Last Man Standing football contest, betting, parlay cards, Sugar Free Red Bull and who exactly is refereeing the pro games this year.
If you have any questions, please let us know below! Have a great season!
Posted 5:29pm on 10.26.12
After a bye week, Wild Bill is back for Week 8
Posted 10:51am on 10.24.12
Easiest. Week. Ever.
- 841, a record as far as we know, went undefeated at 12-0. Tie-breaker winner gets car/truck/cash option, everyone else get $11.95 (ha) … but, hey, you can say you are a Great Giveaway Weekly Winner!
- 173, also a record as far as we know, went winless with the tie-breaker winner getting $5,000 and 172 others pocketing $29.10 … needless to say, the Monday total tie-breaker never more important than this week (and it fooled most everyone with the game totaling 20).
- For the season/houses, one player at 73-24 has a two-game lead over six others. On the “Most Losers” end, one has a one-game lead over six others at 26-71.
It’s crunch time for Last Man Standing, the pro contest is down to 26 folks going for $99,650 and in college 18 left bidding for $53,625. Best of luck. Check it here.
Posted 11:36am on 10.20.12
Posted 4:36pm on 10.19.12
Wild Bill brought in three ringers for his Week 7 picks
Posted 10:41am on 10.18.12
Posted 3:41pm on 10.16.12
Lot’s of tough calls in Week 6 made for super great paydays for the winners:
- Four players went undefeated with the tie-breaker winner getting the car/truck/cash option and the three others taking home $3,333.35 each. Overall for the house: one player is alone in first at 63-22.
- Three players went winless, tie-breaker winner getting $5,000 and other two $2,500 … all very nice payouts. Congrats! Overall for the house, one player is in first/last at 23-62.
Our Last Man Standing contests are getting serious. Both the pro and college contests have less than 50 players left. Check it here.
Posted 4:36pm on 10.12.12
Wild Bill looks to rebound from an 0-3 Week with new graphics in his picks video:
Posted 2:36pm on 10.3.12
- First week back with the real refs got us two touchdowns worth of undefeated players with the tie-breaker winner getting the car/truck/cash option and the other 13 getting $555.60 each.
- Just five folks went winless with a $5,000 winner and four $1,250. Pet Peeve Alert: I say this every year, but going for losers is sometimes – oftentimes – more profitable than winners and less competitive.
- As for our Last Man Standing contest: in the pro football edition 263 are left and in college 110. Not that excited yet. Congrats to those still “standing” but this contest always goes on for at least five more weeks.
Posted 9:51am on 9.28.12
A dog, a big favorite and his first Over/Under of the season are Wild Bill’s Week 4 picks …
Posted 11:56am on 9.26.12
- Thanks to the replacement refs, 5 players went 14-1 with the tie-breaker winner getting the car/truck/cash option and the other four taking home $2,500 apiece. Thank you replacement refs.
- 2 folks, thanks to the replacement refs, went winless at 0-15, each getting $5,000. Very nice payouts for all this week!
- Our Last Man Standing contest is down to the hundreds. Last Man Standing results after Week 3 here.
Posted 5:15pm on 9.20.12
“These Raiders, they’re a train wreck” LOL … here’s Wild Bill for Week 3 …
Posted 2:41pm on 9.19.12
Posted 9:13am on 9.19.12
Week 2 results are in, and one person (we think his name is Zachary because he is on our facebook page claiming to be the lone winner but we have no way to really verify) went undefeated … yes, was going for winners and had Arizona.
Here’s the Week 2 breakdown, and, as always, all the results are at www.mygreatgiveaway.com:
- As mentioned, 1 person (possibly Zach) went 15-0 and gets the car/truck/cash option. As the image above shows 80 people went 14-1. We say 78 of them had New England. Not going to get into season overall records until later in the year but it’s under the “Standings” tab on the web site.
- 62 folks went 1-14 with the tie-breaker winner getting $5,000 and the other 62 taking $80.65 … not the greatest haul but a win’s, a win, za win.
- Last Man Standing pro is down to 1,096 (from 2,591 after Week 1, from 4,850 to start the season). Again, $99,650 on the line in the winner-takes-all contest.
- LMS college is already down to 483 (from 1,278, from 2,611 total). Winner = $53,625. See LMS posters.
Posted 11:25am on 9.13.12
Santa Fe Station Race & Sports Director Wild Bill makes his Week 2 picks. Agree? Disagree?
Posted 11:25am on 9.13.12
Posted 4:38pm on 9.11.12
Week 1 results are in! I went 9-6 on two entries (not even sure how that happens) and 6-9 on the third, which I know how that happened as I reverse one of the others. But like the championship New York Blue team I will not be discouraged by Week 1.
Here’s the winners recap, and of course all the results are at www.mygreatgiveaway.com:
- Just two people went 15-0, nice Washington pick by the way. The tie-breaker winner gets the car/truck/cash option and the other gets $10,000 all to him/herself, which is the best scenario for the runner-up … you don’t get the auto or $20,000 option but there’s no one to split the second-place money with … nice!
- 16 folks went 1-14 with the tie-breaker winner getting $5,000 and the other 15 taking $333.35 … not bad.
- In our Last Man Standing pro competition, the field has been cut almost in half (from 4,850 to 2,591), which, if you have played in past years, is pretty typical. The winner-take-all prize for LMS pro this year almost made six figures = $99,650. Wow, Wow!
- LMS college got more than halved (2,611 to 1,278) … prize money is $53, 625. Also, Wow! View LMS posters.
Posted 11:18am on 9.7.12
Posted 4:34pm on 9.6.12
Posted 11:35am on 9.6.12
Posted 1:33pm on 9.4.12
Posted 10:45am on 8.21.12
Posted 11:14am on 8.13.12
Posted 10:45am on 8.17.12
- Got to be in it to win it by Sept. 8 (college) and Sept. 9 (pro) … don’t wait until the last weekend
- It’s $25 for one entry/5 entries for $100 … if your a team player it’s a good contest to split with a friend, you both get two shots and the free 5th can be a consensus pick between both or your cat’s pick or whatever
- It’s winner-takes-all (guaranteed) $25,000 for college and $75,000 pro … for the past few seasons, at least, the prize money has been more than the guaranteed amounts
- Get ready for a long season: the college and pro winners from the past couple seasons have lasted at least through Week 10
Posted 9:09am on 8.10.12
Special thanks to this year’s participating Chevrolet Dealerships. Tell your friends to visit these guys when they need a new truck or car. (Friends of football are friends of ours, right?) Ed Bozarth Chevrolet, Fairway Chevrolet, Findlay Chevrolet and Henderson Chevrolet.
Posted 10:14am on 8.9.12
Here’s the 16 locations in the greater Las Vegas area to sign up
and the hours at the Sports Books: