WE GOT A great game!
Oh, so the season didn’t go exactly as you had hoped. You fans loyal to the team that plays on the blue turf, you had your undefeated dreams rather cruelly dashed a few weeks ago. And you, Ute Nation, stop thinking back to early November, to that epic game of non-BCS powers that didn’t turn out so great.
By most accounts, it’s still been very good seasons for both Boise St. and Utah fans and here’s your chance to make a lemon margarita out of lemons.
The way we see it, if you’re not going to a BCS game, the Maaco Bowl in Las Vegas (Wednesday, December 22 at 5pm PST at Sam Boyd Stadium) is the next best thing. If you’re traveling down for the game, we hope you’ll stay with us. Here are some reasons to stay at Station Casinos and a few insider tips for game day:
Station Casinos has the best Maaco Bowl Hotel Packages just for Bronco and Ute fans.
- At Boulder, Sunset and Palace Stations: From $125 for two nights. Get $100 in hotel credits (which can be used for dining, bars and lounges).
- At Green Valley Ranch: From $250 for two nights. Get $200 in hotel credits.
- At Fiesta Henderson: From $75 for two nights. Get $50 in hotel credits.
You can drive. Of course, you probably already knew that. Driving distance from Boise to Vegas: approximately 670 miles; about 425 miles from SLC. Speaking of short drives, several of our Las Vegas Hotel Casinos are very close to Sam Boyd Stadium. Here’s the stats and a link to Google maps:
- From Sunset Station to Sam Boyd is about 3 miles (Directions)
- From Boulder Station is around 6 miles right down Boulder Highway (Directions)
- From Fiesta Henderson, about 6 miles, is another straight shot down the highway (Directions)
- Green Valley Ranch is like 10 miles away (Directions)
- Palace Station is a little farther but real close to the Las Vegas Strip about a mile west from the Stratosphere Tower (Directions)
It’s warmer here! According to weather.com it’s going to be in the 50s for game day. That being said, if the wind is blowing, which it has been known to do in December at the stadium, don’t forget your sweater.
You can bet…legally. The lines for many of the bowl games are already out in our Las Vegas Sports Books, where you can place a friendly wager on your team or any other race and sports action going on while you’re in town.
Cheap, ahem…affordable buffets! With a few exceptions (GVR dinner is $11.99), Stations Casinos has $4.99 breakfast, $6.99 lunch and $8.99 dinner at its Feast Buffets in December.
Some of the parking spots at Sam Boyd are nicer than others. As usual, arrive early for tailgating if you care about your spot.
There are plenty of places to buy tailgating supplies on Boulder Highway, but when you turn off Boulder and onto Russell Road heading to Sam Boyd Stadium, there’s a gas station that is the last place before entering the parking area.
Your teams are playing and it’s Vegas! Don’t really need more than that.
Got a question about road-tripping to the game? Let us know below!